This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hw to buy the FB ipo in Canada?
04-28-2014, 06:33 PM
hw to buy the FB ipo in Canada?
How much should I pay for buying the FB ipo and where to buy in Canada.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:42 PM

I REALLY DONT KNOW

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:50 PM

You can try with any discount broker in Canada but you probably won't get a chance at the IPO but when it enters the market the shares will be available through any broker...Be very careful though...not a slam dunk at all prices. Consider YAHOO when it had an IPO in 1996

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=YHOO&...z=66&y=924

Look at the bottom line of this table

It opened at April 12/1996 $25.25
had a high of the day at $43.00
closed at $33.00
Volume of 408,720,000 shares

Now go up the table (select previous...the adjusted prices are from later splits)....the people who bought those shares at $33.00 or higher....did not make money until Jan 1997 and then it was only a few dollars....later that year the stock really took off and was split several times as it crested $100 or more...but look at it now??!! low teens

So the lesson is: I doubt that Newbie Buyers will hang onto a stock for a year to make anything? most professional buyers won't either.

Yahoo was hot stuff when it entered the market but cooled off very quickly but eventually caught fire years later.

You should not get into a rush to be the first to buy FB....it will probably be cheaper a week after the IPO or some time thereafter.