This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I trust this guy who I met online?
04-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Can I trust this guy who I met online?
Every detail of this story counts, I'm sorry if its a little long but i would really really appreciate it if you could take time to read it all

Im 18 and this guy who Ive been talking to for about 7 months is almost 18. We met online and after a short period of time became really good friends. I followed him on twitter and he followed me back. He only had (and still only have around 36 followers) Twitter is the only social media site he uses, he doesn't have facebook or anything. Then we both added each other on Kik cause it was just alot easier to talk that way. After a while I kinda started to like him more than just a friend. He told me that he also had feelings for me. I did ask him to skype a couple of times but he said he was grounded and his parents took away his laptop. I asked him could he get the skype app and he said "no cause it will show up on my phone bill." I said it wont cause the app was free to download but he said he would see ( he never did get the app)

After a while I did tell him that I wanted to make sure for certain that he was who he actually said he was. He got really defensive and said things like I didn't trust him, and that he will skype with me with cam when he gets his laptop back. It made me feel bad that I didn't trust him, so I forgot about it. He would send me pics of him, and he did have pics on his twitter.

He told me that he had this Long distance relationship with this other girl but they broke up. This girl was following him on twitter. After awhile I kinda got suspicious again, so being really sneaky I got my friend to let me use her twitter so I could talk to this girl. I didn't want to use my own twitter just in case his ex girlfriend would say something to him cause they were still friends. I basically followed her and she followed back. Them i DM'nd her and said I was talking to this guy who I don't know is real or not and he wont skype with me, what should I do. We messaged a couple of times and she said she had been in a long distance relationship before and that she had seen him on cam.

That made me believe that this guy was who he said he was. Months past and only recently I asked him could he skype. He said no but he could when he goes down south. I asked him when that would be and he didn't know. I asked could we talk on the phone but he never said yes or no, just maybe later.

I did research and put his pics in google images but nothing came up. Maybe I'm over thinking but he claims to have loads of friends, yet he only has 36 followers on twitter. I do like this guy and I do feel bad if he is telling the truth, but do you think it's worth it and should I end our friendship? Or just ask him straight out?? I'm kinda scared to do that and I don't know why cause I'll probs never meet him anyway!!

Thanks for taking time on reading this, please no smart *** comments.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:40 PM

Meeting people from online can be dangerous

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:42 PM

No don't trust him
04-28-2014, 06:48 PM

All men you meet online are either rapists, murderers, pedophiles, or mentally ill. Do not trust online dating ever. That's how you wind-up as another victim floating downstream.
04-28-2014, 06:50 PM

Let me be blunt: I don't think this guy is who he says he is. Teen guys would LOVE to Skype chat with other teen girls. He's been making excuses for too long as to why he can't. The reason is he doesn't look like what he's described, or he ISN'T who he described.

He could also just be self-conscious about his appearance, too. But to be cautious, stop talking to him. If you've given him any personal information (full name, phone number, address) or if he has access to any of these things, even the high school you go to, DO NOT confront him. It's better to silently slip away from the situation than to make a problem.

When I was 14, I chatted with a stranger for a long time and we ended up being good friends. We met and hung out. He was who he said he was, a 14 year old kid. But looking back on it now, I see how dangerous the situation is.
04-28-2014, 06:54 PM

honestly, dont trust anyone online because its dangerous!

i advise you not to meet up but if you decide to.. take a couple of friends.
04-28-2014, 07:01 PM

A man who claims to have feelings for you but doesnt want to talk on the phone or even show his face is kinda suspicious... for a short answer I say that you should forget about him.
04-28-2014, 07:07 PM

no its dangerous
04-28-2014, 07:08 PM

I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him because of his BS excuse to not go on Skype or add the app to his phone and he's being way to cagey. And just because he sent you pictures that match the ones on Twitter does not necessarily mean they are the same person. Some people can be very deceiving. If you feel your never going to meet him anyway then you might as well stop wasting your time and move on.
04-28-2014, 07:11 PM

Have you ever seen that show Catfish? I am worried about this one. He has had so many chances to talk on the phone or do skype...it just doesn't make sense! You should be straight up and tell him how you are feeling. Tell him you trust him but you want more out of the friendship/relationship then a "virtual" one. If he doesn't make a move soon, I would stop talking to him.

You can trust people online, but you should always be very very careful. I met a guy online and it turned out great, he was who he said he was and we have gone on a few dates, things are going well. I was super concerned but he did talk to me on the phone and would text me real time pictures. Just be careful! Good luck.