This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has the internet ruined your attention span?
04-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Has the internet ruined your attention span?
If you think about it, the internet sort of teaches instant gratification and a lack of patience because... oh hey, I haven't been on Buzzfeed in a while!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:41 PM

No - I don

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:47 PM

I will say this bout the internet it didnt ruin it it was on its way out before beginin.
04-28-2014, 06:49 PM

What attention span? ?
04-28-2014, 06:54 PM

No because I've always been distracted by things easily before having access to the Internet.
04-28-2014, 07:03 PM

Of course it had.
04-28-2014, 07:07 PM

I mean sometimes I forget what other things are going on and keep looking for gratification on it which never truly comes . I enjoy when I get off of it but sometimes it is fun too. I have many other things that make me feel much better than internet if I remember to get off it like praying and reading, journaling, art. Life would be different without it. You have to have more will power to resist being on it too much cause it is not that fun if over saturation of any one things is not good.I know it is worse on the younger people because they have had it all their life and not known what life is like without it unless their parents restricted it from them. It is not good to be sitting with it so much of your mind engaged in it and less physically active.
04-28-2014, 07:11 PM

instant gratification? yes. lack of patience? not at all. if anything, i would think it teaches you how to be more patient if you have a slow az computer. lol u literally have to sit and wait for the damn thing to load. and we become patient enough to wait for it. so we can go on facebook, instagram, youtube, netflix, y!a.....etc. to get the goods. and we wait even longer when those damn websites take forever to load.

so....i wouldnt say its ruined my attention span as far as instant gratification and patience. its ruined my attention span in the sense that i tend to waste time online rather than doing what needs to be done. school, work, home.
04-28-2014, 07:19 PM

It&#x27;s given me false hope and emotional pain... *sigh*
04-28-2014, 07:24 PM

yes. made me become multitasker and forgetful - can't remember what i was doing sometimes, and pause a while to recall.