This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are some people happy?
04-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Why are some people happy?
Many people I know always say stuff like "I have no life" or "I am boring" or "I feel like death". Stuff that you say about yourself. My friends in twitter talk like this, but they say they're only kidding. But sometimes I meet people who are genuinely "happy". I think they are called enlightened people. And I heard Buddhism helps you become enlightened. But Buddhists say that you don't have to be Buddhist to BE enlightened, which is why non Buddhist people are happy. So I wondered, well, what's the trick? I wanna be happy and not mean or miserable. I keep hearing smile a lot. But that sounds stupid, cause, peoples will think you have smoked weed, if you're constantly smiling.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:50 PM

You cant smile if you don't have inner happiness, such a smile looks fake.
Inner happiness comes with contentment with your life how ever it turns out.

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:57 PM

The ability to be happy is mostly based on DNA. This has been shown with studies of twins raised apart.
04-28-2014, 06:59 PM

Matthew 5:3 says happiness comes too from being aware of your spiritual need and fulfilling it. Our relationship with God goes hand in hand with happiness. It's only a start but it works!
04-28-2014, 07:08 PM

the trick IS enlightenment.
Or you may call it personal development.( some call it spiritual development )- you will get to the enlightenment in the end.
if you want.
you can follow the Buddhist teaching or take a personal development course like the AVATAR course.

it is a tough journey.
good luck.
04-28-2014, 07:15 PM

You don't need a type of religious belief to be happy. I'm atheist and I'm happy.

Things that make me happy are things like hanging out with my friends and family and doing the stuff I love. Perhaps you should begin there.
04-28-2014, 07:24 PM

"I wanna be happy and not mean or miserable. I keep hearing smile a lot. But that sounds stupid, cause, peoples will think you have smoked weed, if you're constantly smiling."

Well, there's your answer right there, smoke some MJ.
04-28-2014, 07:25 PM

People always depend on others..but those don't need to depend on or owe others including inside family and no enemies..sure happy..but outside they need to act as worry to avoid jealous abusing and demanding..
04-28-2014, 07:33 PM

The ability to be happy is mostly based on DNA.ut those don't need to depend on.Things that make me happy are things like hanging out with my friends and family and doing the stuff I love. Perhaps you should begin there.
04-28-2014, 07:42 PM

One has to want to be happy and look for rit. One can NOT fell real Love unless they Believe IN GOD; for Love only comes with God! From God! People that Believe in God care for others and think of others! Atheists only think of themselves, talking "I", "I", "I", only for what they want for themselves!
Sometimes what seems negative to a person can be really positive! Like God may disable a person to steer them away from something that would have harmed them much worse IF they had been normal. To be in a different place at a certain time. Or the disability may be to help them by taking pains away in a different way.
The Bible also states that we ALL have to be tested to prove we will stay With God! Are you going to follow GOD? or the Devil?