This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is it legal for a teacher to have sex/a relationship with a student?
04-28-2014, 06:55 PM
is it legal for a teacher to have sex/a relationship with a student?
we have a long term substitute teacher in my econ class. she's really young, like 23. one of the kids in my class has been trying so hard to get with her ever since she came here, he's constantly talking to her and flirting with her. the sub seems to be pretty interested in him too. they follow each other on instagram, twitter, friends on facebook, etc. the student is a senior, he's almost 19 and will be graduating in june. i was wondering if it's legal for them to date or have sex considering he's over 18?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:01 PM

No she will get in trouble.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:08 PM

No, teachers are considered to be in a position of authority of students and get jailed for having sex with them.
04-28-2014, 07:16 PM

Depends on the state (and/or the country). It may or may not be illegal. If not illegal, it is against a teacher's rules of employment and would most definitely get her fired.
04-28-2014, 07:23 PM

even if hes adult its illegal for student and teacher to be in relationship. if caught teacher will be kicked out but nothing more.
04-28-2014, 07:28 PM

It is illegal because he is still in high school not matter his age, maybe after graduation they can pursue a relationship w&#x2F;o consequences.
04-28-2014, 07:34 PM

The woman could lose her job if she ends up having sex with the student. The teachers and students are not allowed to date.
04-28-2014, 07:41 PM

God, I hope so. I mean, if anyone I knew or anything ever did anything like that. But I really don't know anyone who does that or is doing that right now or even just 5 minutes ago with any freshman girl and especially not any girl from class 2A or anywhere near that place. Sorry, I don't know and that's for sure. If anyone asks, tell them I don't know for sure.
04-28-2014, 07:48 PM

Here in the USA it is not illegal if they are both consenting adults. Many schools do have strict policies that forbid it, and the teacher can be fired for it, but it is not against any laws.