This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I "block" someone on FB, can they still find me/see my name if they do a search on me?
04-28-2014, 06:58 PM
If I "block" someone on FB, can they still find me/see my name if they do a search on me?
There's an old "friend" who long story short, turned out not to be a very good friend. So 5 yrs. later she tracks me down on FB, I was pretty surprised....but accepted the silly virtual "friendship". Anyway, all my stuff is completely private from EVERYONE, so in that area is fine. Just got the feeling that perhaps she contacted me out of sheer nosiness overall. I AM going to BLOCK her... HOWEVER--if she does a search on me, on Facebook, after I've blocked her, will my name still be visible when she does a search on me logged into her FB account? Someone said no previously. But I am double checking. I want her to think I deleted my account. No need to have idiotic people like her on my friends list. Of course a lot of it is phony baloney anyway, but don't even want to see her name. She has not changed. (!!!)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:06 PM

nope

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:10 PM

No they can't see you and you can't see them in less you unblock them.
04-28-2014, 07:18 PM

No, they will not be able to search you or view any of your content (except for photos that they are tagged in).

Link below is the official help page for blocking from FB
04-28-2014, 07:24 PM

if someone block you,you can never search for that person again
04-28-2014, 07:31 PM

Face book is a foolish social networking platform....i have block my friend but still he is able to search me and able to see comment/ likes of my posts no comon friends nor he is tagged in that post ....I hate this fucking privacy settings of bloody face book this fucking owner of fb is sleeping dont know what the hell is going on Fb setting sucker