This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mimic Internet Connection Sharing on Mac?
04-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Mimic Internet Connection Sharing on Mac?
I am at university and I would like to get xbox live from my 360. I have tried the Internet Connection Sharing on a windows vista laptop and it worked perfectly, but when i try to share my internet connection on my mac (os x tiger) it does not work. Does anyone have any help for me on this?
Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:10 PM

google osx NAT, what your trying to do is setup a NAT. Your more then likely trying to route traffic from your wireless connection(internet from university) to your ethernet connetion(connected to the xbox.

Their are to several firewalls out their that can perform this function.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:16 PM

According to Apple,

1. Open System Preferences, click Sharing, and then click Internet.
2. Choose a network port from the "Share your connection from" pop-up menu.
3. Select "Built-in Ethernet" or AirPort depending on which computers will share your Internet connection.

If you have turned on the firewall on the Firewall pane of Sharing preferences, you also need to turn on Personal Web Sharing on the Services pane of Sharing preferences in order to share your Internet connection and allow computers connected to your Internet connection to browse the web.

I have used this method to share a wireless connection from a Mac to a PC that is connected to it via ethernet cable. What have you tried that didn't work?