This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top 10 smart watches?
04-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Top 10 smart watches?
I want to buy a Samsung galaxy gear. I not pretty fond of Samsung and there is a pretty much rating for Sony as well. I want an exact review of these two. Can anybody help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:17 PM

I heard about some new releases of smart watches especially Burg smart watches but have never got a change to see it myself waiting for the release.

Check out youtube for this Smile

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:23 PM

Give you an example,
Samsung Galaxy Gear and Sony Smartwatch 2.
Size:
This is a little different from comparing smartphones, tablets, or laptops, because you won't be using either of these watches in the disembodied states you see above. But for what it's worth, the Samsung Galaxy Gear's face is 39 percent taller, and 23 percent thicker. The Sony Smartwatch 2 is 14 percent wider.
Weight
You don't want your smartwatch to be too heavy on your wrist. You can replace the Smartwatch 2's strap, so Sony gave us a couple of different specs here. With its metal band, though, it's 66 percent heavier than the Galaxy Gear.
Build
No cheap plastic here. The Gear is made of stainless steel, and the Smartwatch 2 rocks an aluminum body.
Display
The Smartwatch 2 gives you 96 percent as much screen area as the Galaxy Gear does. The Gear also has a much sharper screen, with a pixel density much closer to what you'd see on modern smartphones.
The Galaxy Gear has a Super AMOLED display, while Sony's watch has a Transreflective LCD, which should keep it plenty readable in direct sunlight. Samsung says the Gear will look good in the sun too, but we'll have to test drive both phones before we take that at face value.
Battery life
According to Samsung's and Sony's estimates, the Smartwatch 2 has the advantage in battery life. It supposedly lasts three to four days with typical use. Samsung says the Galaxy Gear will get over 24 hours with heavier use, but you'll definitely want to plug it in before you hit your pillow at night.
Processor
We aren't going to dwell too much on components like processors here in these early smartwatches, but the Galaxy Gear's single core CPU is faster.
Wristband swapping
You can swap the Smartwatch 2's default band with any standard 24 mm strap. The Galaxy Gear's band, camera and all, is a permanent part of the package.
Apps
What would a mobile device be without apps? Both watches will run apps, but at launch this is an overwhelming advantage for Samsung. The company lined up deals with some popular developers, and will run wrist-based versions of popular apps like Path, Evernote, Pocket, and Glympse.
Which is better, depends on your decision.
04-28-2014, 07:25 PM

I use both samsung galaxy gear and sony smart watch 2 but from my experience the Samsung is far way better than the Sony as they still need some more hard work to put in for being close to a competitor to Samsung. If you have looking for the best top watches in this year I would recommend to try Qualcomm Toq and also Kreyos smart watches there are a couple of other smart watches as well please visit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartwatch

Check the different categories available and also see the references in the list. Try the latest results in this category by scrolling down to "references" and move to the last result of this page also see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_SmartWatch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_Gear
04-28-2014, 07:35 PM

Here's a quick comparison of the Samsung Galaxy Gear vs.Sony SmartWatch2 vs. the Pebble:

Here's a video comparing the same 3 watches:

http://www.bestsmartwatchescompared.com/...ble-video/

Happy shopping!