This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people say something but if it happens to them it's different?
04-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Why do people say something but if it happens to them it's different?
So the other day one of my friends felt emarrassed that she only got 12 likes on her Facebook profile picture and she has 450 Facebook friends. Well one of my other friends was like "dude it's only Facebook, don't take it personally." Then he changed his profile picture and it only got 9 likes and then he also felt embarrassed. My question is why do people say something, but if it happens to them then they feel different?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:27 PM

Because if it hasn't happened to them then they cannot really be empathetic enough to really help. Empathy is a recognition of emotions being experienced by another. You can understand how they feel and help them better than another. Without this it can be difficult to really help someone so when your friend said "It's only Facebook", they did not understand their friends feelings until it happened to them.

However if they do understand and still say it then they become a hypocrite. This is not so good. Obviously a hypocrite is someone who will have an opinion on someone for doing or feeling something when they do the same, It is unfair. Unfortunately we are all like this at some point, but there are some who never learn from this.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:34 PM

When it happens to them, you see it.

When it happens to you, you feel it.

Seeing and feeling are two totally different perspectives. This is why Jesus always said to walk in the shoes of another for a mile or what ever...