This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is pro-smokes.com a reliable website?
04-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Is pro-smokes.com a reliable website?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:20 PM

100% SCAM!

Why?
1. No phone number - only 1-855 that anyone in the world can buy it.
2. No physical address on site. They can be on next door or overseas. All you have is email and phone.
3. There is no information about taxes and international shipping. This vary from country to country and may get you in law troubles about customs.
4. Their domain information is:
---
Registrant:
Domain Discreet Privacy Service
ATTN: pro-smokes.com
12808 Gran Bay Pkwy, West
Jacksonville, FL 32258
US
Phone: 1-902-7492701
Email: e767eab10a1612334d6aef50db021b1d@domaindiscreet.com
---

I'm sorry but i wont purchase anything from them.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:21 PM

Being a smoker and ordering cigarettes over the Net for many years I may assume that the above site practice is common for sites selling risky products such as cigarettes and bellow I will outdraw why.
When you order online you have a very powerful tool to protect yourself against unreliable sites, just dispute the payment if you have not received the service or product you bought.
If you want to buy cigarettes oline you should be aware that online cigarettes merchants will hide some contact information to protect them and their customers.
>> 1. No phone number - only 1-855 that anyone in the world can buy it.
Nowadays anyone in the world can buy any number.
I have tested the toll free phone number on Pro-Smoke.com website, left a message and got a reply the next day.
>> 2. No physical address on site. They can be on next door or overseas. All you have is email and phone.
They are most likely based overseas, like the majority of stores selling cigarettes online. By the way, I haven’t seen any cigarettes selling store to disclose their physical address on their site.
>>3. There is no information about taxes and international shipping. This vary from country to country and may get you in law troubles about customs.
They ship to USA only so that’s why no mention about international shipping.
Regarding taxes:
“Any US consumer, who buys goods from suppliers based outside US, automatically becomes an importer and according to US laws must assure that the products bought comply with all federal and state regulations. It is the customer’s responsibility to pay any federal or individual state sales taxes, if any apply. We do not suggest or support the non-payment of applicable taxes in any way. It is the customer's responsibility to determine whether Internet purchases of tobacco products are prohibited under his local laws. In the event that the customer is charged duty upon receiving his order, he can either pay the requested duty, or refuse the order. In case the order is returned and received back by us, the customer either receives a partial refund (minus the shipping charges), or can opt for the order to be resent.”
http://www.pro-smokes.com/terms.aspx
>> 4. Their domain information is:…….
Like mentioned above, this is a common practice for sites in cigarettes industry to hide their registrants and domain name info.
I will place a test order today to see how they work as my previous suppliers are sold out of my favorite brand.