This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yahoo answers has gone crazy; how can I fix it?
04-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Yahoo answers has gone crazy; how can I fix it?
It won't let me answer anything. It creates a lot of space between the top and my answer then scrolls itself back to the top so I can't post an answer.
What is going on?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:26 PM

yeah, that happened with me to... I don't know what's going on...

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:28 PM

Their banner ads are now exploding and making it impossible to read answers - we are here to read advertisements, nothing more.
04-28-2014, 07:31 PM

It was happening to me also, as recently as about 10 minutes ago, but for some reason now it's letting me answer this one...maybe the glitch has been fixed...? Need to test this possibility with other questions...standby...

Ok, it's still doing it in R&S, but it's now not doing it in Biology. Go figure.

Ok, here's a temporary fix. It will allow you to at least post an answer, although it doesn't seem to work for voting.
1. Open the question. The answer window and previous answers will appear for a moment, then scroll the hell out of your view. Ok, this part you already know.
2. Move your mouse to the top of the blank area to the right, between the vertical slider and the area with text--a good place is right under your name.
3. Turn on autoscroll by clicking on the middle button on your mouse.
4. with autoscroll on, move your mouse downwards towards the bottom of your screen--the further you pull it dxown from the autoscroll icon, the faster it will scroll back down. Once it reaches the bottom, the answer window will be right there, and you can click inside it to start typing your answer. Of course, clicking in it turns off autoscroll, and all the previous answers will fly out of sight, but your answer window won't., so you can go ahead and type. If you turn off autoscroll when the cursor is NOT inside the answer window, then everything slides out of sight again and you have to start all over again.

I just found a better fix--evidently this scrolling problem is a result of a glitch in how ads load on Yahoo. So, if you're using Google Chrome, you can download chrome's ad-blocker app, and that's supposed to stop this scrolling deal. If you're not using chrome then maybe some other ad blocker might work.