This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about the iPhone 5?
04-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Questions about the iPhone 5?
I might be getting an iPhone 5. My questions are these:

Can I already get the Internet everywhere, or do I have to pay extra for 4g or whatever it is? For example, if I take a picture, to put it on instagram, do I have to be in a wifi area, or can I use 4g. Basically, does 4g come with the iPhone 5?

How long does the battery last? If I was playing games, or texting, or making phone calls, how long will it last?

If I'm on contract, do I still have to pay for phone calls, or can I talk, and text as much as I like for free?

And how much does a contract cost, and can I get more info about it?

Thank!

Regards,
JP.
Also, how is the camera? Is it really good, or just average?

And, will it break if I drop it, how hardy is it?

Last question.

What are the faults in it? Any major problems?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:26 PM

I have iPhone 5 from straight talk unlimited plan. only pay 45 but it has it's lows Internet is sometimes very Slow battery kinda sucks. But over all love my iphone 5 yes u can do anything with this little device

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:34 PM

Yes the iPhone 5 is a 4G phone & yes you do pay to access that like on any smartphone. Called a data plan.

How long the battery lasts depends on your usage & how heavy it is. There is no set answer since it changes based on the individual

Of course you pay for calls/texts. That's the point of the contract.

That depends on which carrier you plan to go with. Check their website for details on that.

The iPhone 5's camera is regarded as one of, if not the, best smartphone camera to date (to anyone going to suggest the Lumia 1020's, make note that more megapixels just means bigger pictures, not better quality, though the 1020's camera is also good quality as well, just behind the iPhone 5's)

Its pretty durable

No faults.
04-28-2014, 07:42 PM

I have responded to your questions below:

Can I already get the Internet everywhere, or do I have to pay extra for 4g or whatever it is? For example, if I take a picture, to put it on instagram, do I have to be in a wifi area, or can I use 4g. Basically, does 4g come with the iPhone 5?

>>>>You can get internet anywhere and upload photos to instagram, download videos from YouTube etc. over your 4G connection. You will have to keep in mind however that most cellular carriers have monthly data caps, and if you go over that limit, they will slow down or stop your 4G data access. Most carriers have a 2GB limit per month, but you can purchase more. I average about 1.5GB per month with normal usage.

How long does the battery last? If I was playing games, or texting, or making phone calls, how long will it last?

If I'm on contract, do I still have to pay for phone calls, or can I talk, and text as much as I like for free?

>>>> It depends on your contract. I had an older contract with unlimited texting and 400 minutes of talk, but carriers offer a variety of programs for different costs.

And how much does a contract cost, and can I get more info about it?

Check your carrier websites: for example http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/cons...-plan.html for example

Also, how is the camera? Is it really good, or just average?

>>>>> For a phone, the camera is excellent

And, will it break if I drop it, how hardy is it?

>>>>> iPhones are relatively strong, but if it hits the ground at the right angle, the screen will shatter. Buying a protective case will help to protect it.

Last question.

What are the faults in it? Any major problems?

>>>>> The iPhone 5 is a year old, therefore, there are a lot of newer phones with more/better features, but, it is still a very good phone, and I am very happy with my 2 year old 4s. Apple is expected to announce a new phone on September 10, with an expected release date a week later, so if you can wait a few weeks I would as the new phone will have more features, and the iPhone 5 is expected to drop in price (if history is an indication the price will drop from $199 to $99).