This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get a stronger wifi connection in public areas, read first?
04-28-2014, 07:24 PM
How to get a stronger wifi connection in public areas, read first?
I am not asking to make the public internet faster.
I am not asking if my connection will get faster.
Do not tell me that I need to be connected alone to get a stronger connection.

I want to know if there is anything that I can do in my laptop that isn't physical, similar to changing the settings on my RAM so I could stop getting Disc at 100%. I want MY WIFI connection to get stronger, not faster. NOT FASTER. I just want to make sure I get the best I can out of it and know that the dipping and spiking of the internet isn't because of my wifi connection. Is there any settings that I can change to do this?

And last but not least, don't answer if you don't know what to do that involves settings.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:34 PM

stay in range ..
make sure signal strengh is good ..

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:36 PM

There are no settings to make wifi signals stronger. If you need a stronger signal, buy a better router. As for your input about getting 100% disc, I don't know what that has to do with your Wifi but if it is a problem with your computer, there are no settings to speed it up. You must replace the HD with a faster harddrive. Computers aren't all software. You can't just install a program to make a drive spin faster or your display have a higher resolution. Grated if there are problems with software for hardware, it is drivers that fix it and the hardware suppliers release new drivers regularly but there are seldomly times where drivers slow down hardware, especially if it isn't new hardware.

Also, if you want a nice answer, Ask nicely
04-28-2014, 07:44 PM

If you want a stronger signal, air closer to the router or WAP.
04-28-2014, 07:47 PM

There aren't really any settings you could change to make the signal stronger. The signal you receive is put out by a wireless access point (router, repeater, etc.) which you most likely have no control over. About the only thing you could MAYBE do would be to somehow install a bigger/better antenna, which would involve cracking open the laptop de-soldering and re-soldering very small connections.

Think of it as listening to your local radio station in your car, driving away from your town,you reach a point where the signal becomes unusable and no amount of twisting the knobs or punching the buttons will make the morning show come in any clearer.