This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What SEO goals should i set?
04-28-2014, 07:29 PM
What SEO goals should i set?
Ive recently started work at a small (commercial cleaning) company, doing graphic design and some marketing. The boss wants me to set some goals for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) but I don't really know what I'm doing (I know the basics). Are there programs out there that will give me results? On what kind of statistics, I'm wondering?
Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:38 PM

Basic goal is to get the website on page 1 or 2 in Search engines.and knowing the reasons if they are not in these pages .Fallow the white hat techniques through which you can get your website in a better rank . its a good thing as your boss suggested you to set a goal as he wants you to know what SEO is meant for ?so that you can know how to work to acheive it .

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:40 PM

SEO is an important thing in order to make visitors find your website easily and your website have a good rank in front of search engines.
traffics and page rank are two basic things. You need to do on page and off page SEO with white hat technique to avoid punishment from search engines. There are many areas in SEO topics, and it is a dynamic science.
04-28-2014, 07:43 PM

You can learn SEO and do it yourself. But this takes a lot of time and effort.
I suggest you do the on-page SEO yourself but as for off-page SEO (most important) you can always hire freelancers if you have a budget, even a small one. Try http://www.seoclerks.com/ lots of good afordable SEO services.

As for goals, find out what are your main keywords and rank on those, basically you need to rank as high as posible in search engines with your main keyword.

Cheers.
04-28-2014, 07:44 PM

The goal is to have constant improvement until your site get into the first position. There are a huge different between first and second, and for every position down you are losing more and more traffic. That's why ranking number one is always to ultimate goal

However sometime it is just impossible. If the number one site is something like webmd it is really hard to beat
04-28-2014, 07:49 PM

seo goal #1= dont spend any money on SEO gimmicks or people promising to get you #1 on google.

nobody really knows how to get #1 on google. google doesn't disclose it but theres plenty of snake oil salesmen who will tell you they know. you can get google analytics (free), google webmaster tools (also free) and compare the #1 rank site for your search criteria with your page but SEO stuff takes at least a year or 2.
04-28-2014, 07:56 PM

It takes a long time to do SEO properly and with the recent Google update, it is best to do things manually without relying too much on automated software.

One of the most important parts of SEO is to figure out what your keywords are and use those keywords in the description of the page and in the title. It is usually best to use the name of the city the company is located as part of your keyword terms like San Diego Commercial Cleaning, if you are in San Diego.

The other part of SEO is to get good links going to the website so it looks like your site is talked about on the web. Whenever you post blog entries or try to get links out to the site, be sure to have the link behind your keyword terms.

I think you can safely say you can get some keyword terms to page 1 of Google within two months. Some may take as little as a week.