This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help - cinema with girl I like?
04-28-2014, 07:33 PM
help - cinema with girl I like?
It's the holidays and there are a couple og good films out: Noah and Divergent.

The girl I really like is a Christian, like me, and so I think it would be good to see Noah. However, divergent has got better ratings and on Facebook she has liked it unlike Noah, my guess is she would rather see divergent. I do no know if she already has :/

The thing is for now, I want to go as just friends, so should I invite others? It would definitely be easier for me to get others we both know to see Noah, as we know each other through church.

What do you think I should do? Go with just her?
A problem is I saw her yesterday, but didn't really chat, she was with others( who I knew). Would it be weird for me to go with just her?

Also, girls, if you "like liked" someone who asked you to go and see a movie, and you thought it looks terrible, would you still see it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:37 PM

I heard Noah stinks. Try renting a Christian film, there are a lot of good ones out there. You could bring popcorn, and soda, and then take a walk after the movie, or have dinner, then watch the movie. Not much out there that is decent for Christians.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:47 PM

Yes I'd go to any film with a guy I like
04-28-2014, 07:56 PM

If she had got the feeling you like her and there is a potential romantic relationship involved, she will feel hurt if you invited others to go with you without asking her. Going just the two of you will prove to her that you trust her to have a fun time, nothing awkward. Inviting others mean you will barely talk to her throughout the entire day and most likely, it would seem a waste of time.

She should chat. Its a two way street so you make some conversation and if she's worth the time and your interest she will be great company and soon you can be really close friends. If not, than you know that your friendship might not work out and just see each other when in groups.

Remember to do stuff that you both like. When I started seeing this boy as friends, he kept on suggesting things he thought i liked. It felt fake and he was awkward.

Both Movies sound good. GIRLS LOVE ACTION MOVIES JUST AS MUCH AS BOYS. Simply, ask her what she wants to see when you arrive at the cinema. if neither of you can choose, flip a coin- it adds some fun and how relaxed you are.

If you show as much concern as you are now (weighing up movies) then she will love you. Treat this as if you are cousins, not an awkward date, have a laugh.

Movie is a good idea if she's shy as you can make jokes in it however if you guys stop talking, you're watching a movie. Afterwards, go out to a coffee shop and chat about anything- its all fun.

If someone asked me to see a movie but it looked rubbish, I would suggest a different one or ask if the boy had any other films in mind. I'm quite confident to tell someone that however a shy girl might not so tell her you really do not mind which one you see and you want her to choose. Ask her if she is sure about the movie as you are about to order tickets- you're friends, you can both have a preference.

My advice, just you two, it will be less awkward and more fun than a big party. Always be you and make her feel special. If you do that than its up to her but she can't have a better day.

Good luck Smile
04-28-2014, 07:58 PM

Noah is extremely unbiblical. It's not at all accurate to the bible. Rent a good christian film. Go see Divergent. I saw it, it is a good movie. We can't realy tell how well you two got along together use your own judgement.