This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think people who self harm or threaten suicide are attention seekers?
04-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Do you think people who self harm or threaten suicide are attention seekers?
Do you think people who self harm or threaten suicide are attention seekers? I personally think so. People do this so they can get remorse from other people, or to seem like they are significant some how. In my school, I know at least 5 girls who cut themselves, then brag about it on facebook or twitter. It's utterly pathetic. So what do you think?
@Aislinn well you need some kind of attention to get help. Some tell their family, and some announce it on Facebook. Those who announce it on FB, are attention seekers
@Noelle Novelty you make a good point.
@Woof Woof People who commit suicide, are genuinely depressed, or hurting inside but they just go the extra mile to have attention because nothing is gonna matter when they're dead. It's why there are so much gun violence in schools.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:46 PM

suicide is the ultimate cry for attention.

that doesn't mean it isn't something to be concerned about. and if someone cries for attention, that doesn't mean they don't really need help.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:52 PM

If they hide it, they are probably seriously in need of help.

If they flaunt it, they are in serious need of a hard awakening.
04-28-2014, 07:57 PM

Some are some are not. Some are wishing they cat the courage to just cut a little deeper. One day an attention seeker might cut more than intended. One day a serious person will cut deep on purpose
04-28-2014, 08:02 PM

I think cutters are attention whores, but not all suicidal people openly brag about it. I've attempted suicide and I try to not talk about it unless I bring it up as an example or whatever. I still am suicidal, but I don't really tell anyone unless I'm in a crisis and I get the gun out.
04-28-2014, 08:03 PM

Personally, I'd say people who put it out there for everyone to see whether it be social media or bragging to people are there for attention. People who keep it secret however, or only tell people close to them are probably experiencing the real deal, and aren't doing it to 'look cool'.
04-28-2014, 08:07 PM

You probably don't know anything about mental illness, so your opinion means nothing.
04-28-2014, 08:14 PM

Some are, some aren't.

There are plenty of people who self-harm in places that aren't easily seen and don't talk about it. As for threatening suicide, maybe they do want attention, but they could very well be serious about doing it.
04-28-2014, 08:22 PM

i can totally see where you're coming from, and technically they are seeking attention. but if they do that then they have other issues and that's just as sad. idk, it used to bug the shit out of me, because people like that are a huge reason why people scoff at mental illness and don't take it as seriously.
04-28-2014, 08:27 PM

I most certainly do.