This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are friends on facebook really friends?
04-28-2014, 07:44 PM
Are friends on facebook really friends?
you have just personally met and get to know these people and then next day added them to facebook, can you really develop a meaningful some sort of a friendship with them over the facebook? For examplke, to get invited to their home, or a party?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:56 PM

to a party at a bar or something, sure. to their home not as likely.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:57 PM

It's just something like myspace you don't actually know the people unless you know them in real life just treat them like what they are online friends.
04-28-2014, 08:08 PM

it could happen. I think it's possible.
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM

All my friends on facebook are either friends who I've spent a significant amount of time with or family. I think it depends on who's facebook we're talking about.
04-28-2014, 08:18 PM

Becareful 4 what u wish 4
04-28-2014, 08:25 PM

Friends on facebook are simply that, your online "friends." Some of my real life friends are listed as my friends and some of those I have listed I haven't seen in years. It's a way to keep in touch with people you don't normally see and for some it's a status symbol to see who can accumulate the most "friends" online.
04-28-2014, 08:32 PM

as in the ones u add on facebook cause u either like their pic or u r in same group and so! .. i wouldn't invite them except if i'm 1000 % sure that they're good ppl.. there are a lot of weirdos out there.. and a lot of bad things happening every day.. but it's ur own decision, no mine.. i just wouldn't do that.. an exception would be if we have mutual friends... those friends would have seen them in real life.. and know them..
04-28-2014, 08:43 PM

some are especially if you know them from school or work.
the others ? I think its just a place for people to meet, talk + be computer friends, but as for loyalties, well thats another story. The thing about online friends is, you dont' really know if they are gossips, scrappers, troublemakers, drug dealers, hookers, child molesters, perverts, or whatever You don't socialize with them so in a way everyone online leads a secret life, that their friends can't be sure if the story they were told is true or not. Just be careful, + have fun.
Actually I think FaceBook is a popularity site, to see how many friends your friends have lol. My son just started a month ago + has over 100.
I would definitelty agree with the one above, dont invite someone or go to their house. A person can pretend to be whatever they want online + seeing them doesnt always prove different. There's also that rape drug, no reason why a molester/rapist wouldn't use that on you. The bad ones depend you being naive' that is - trusting, not mature enough to realize the dangers.
I think you can develope a meaningful relationship online for a long time then decide if you want to socialize with them. Slowly get to know each other but dont give too much personal information, your school, work, neighborhood you live in, phone number, address, where you hang out, etc. Keep your life to yourself, the personal things.
04-28-2014, 08:45 PM

i'm barely friends with anyone on my facebook, at least not in the real world.