This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
do plugins add too much code to a webpage and hurt the code to text ratio and SEO?
04-28-2014, 07:46 PM
do plugins add too much code to a webpage and hurt the code to text ratio and SEO?
I have been adding some code to each page that I post on a website that displays schools and a mortgage calculator but I think all this extra code is not good for page rank due to the code/text ratio. Here is a sample page can someone tell me if this is correct? http://homesaleaz.com/real-estate-in-gilbert/
This plugin is not for SEO but it adds a list of the schools around the property that the page is talking about. My question was "will this extra information about the schools (which is in code) hurt the sites ranking with Google?" I know that too much code to text is not a good thing?
Question still not answered: will the extra code involved in providing more information about the area around the house for sale hurt my rankings on Google? This is not an attempt to gain page rank but rather an attempt to do no damage to myself.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:56 PM

You are right that extra code harms website's SEO. So try to cut it down or just move to the bottom of the page.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply