This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does everyone hate the Hawks?
10-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Why does everyone hate the Hawks?
I don't see what we've done to make everyone hate us?

I would just like to add that I expected Swans Supporters to be a little bit more gracious in defeat. 90% of the posts on the Hawks Facebook page is Swans Fans bagging the Hawks. Real mature. Anyway... congratulations to the Swans and their supporters (the good ones) on their grand final victory.

Also, Go Hawks!!! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:30 PM

no everyone hates collingwood

Ads

Cas they had an extra 4 blokes running around in yellow this afternoon. Its not Hawthornes fault if it was any other Victorian team it would of been the same.

But seriously

Lewis Jetta > Cyrul Rioli.

I'm sure that in respect of the Grand Final it was a matter of more people from outside Victoria wanting the Cup to leave the state, not necessarily people hating Hawthorn.
The same scenario existed when Adelaide played in their Grand Final back in '97.
Dare say the same situation will come up again in future.

I dont and so do many others.
You find more people disliking Collingwood (for the good reasons). You find these people go for other Victorian teams and are just happy not to see Hawks winning one (Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon supporters etc).

For me it's because where I live you never see their supporters in their gear, no stickers on their cars not even seat covers or numberplate holders... until the grand final then all the gear comes out. So that tells me they don't support their team unless they make it to the grand final. Say what you will about Collywobble supporters win or lose all year long they support their team. That and I would have hated on any Victorian team that went against Sydney.

I live in WA.

I go for any non-victorian team, just the fact you travel a lot less its a huge advantage hence the suppport for the opposing team. And i know Victorians hate it when a team from their state doesn't win the GF.

One word - Kennett!

Like alot of the Answers have stated i think most people Outside of Vic Normally support the non Vic side in the Grand Final (and then of the Vics you have the team rivalries also). I personally don't mind the Hawks that much but i prefer the Interstate teams over them. So I wouldn't say everyone hates Hawthorn anymore so than any other club. Its Collingwood and West Coast who seem to be hated the most.

$900,000 per game for the 4 games played in Tasmania each year payed by the government! Even with that amount of money given to them they can't even find the time to meet fans before (the day before when they come down to train) or after a game. I never liked them before their deal with our state, but can't stand them now. Thank god Sydney won, saved us $300,000 for the stupid bonus they would get if they won. Our almost bankrupt government needs the money more than they do!