This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you figure out what the * is?
04-28-2014, 07:47 PM
How do you figure out what the * is?
So Instagram was being a lil b i t c h and changed my Instagram password for no reason. I can't remember what email I used to create the account, so I just typed in my username and had it send a password change link or whatever to the email linked to my account, except it said my email was f*********s@Idontreallyfeellikegivingyoutheentireemailaddress.com and I need help figuring out what the little * thingies are if they were actually letters. Thanks!
*a lil
b
i
t
c
h

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:53 PM

1. Instagram doesn't change your password for absolutely no reason. Could be that someone hacked your account.
Or, maybe, hopefully, you just made a typo, or left caps lock on or, something?

If you don't use the email you set the account up with, that would explain why you didn't get a notice that your password's been changed though.
Do you use instagram often? If it's been a while since you logged in, maybe you just forgot that you're using a different password now.

2. There isn't a formula for showing the hidden email address.
Is there another email linked to the account? Or your phone number?

The easiest option would probably be to have them send the new password to whatever address you still use or send it as a text to your phone.

If that's the only one, the address is one you used and linked to it, so maybe go through your other accounts/addresses looking for that address/an address that matches up with that one.

Does it not look familiar at all? Like one you've ever used?

If someone hacked your account, they *could* have changed the email linked to it too, but that's a lot of work for someone to go to if they're just f***ing around. So that's probably unlikely, unless you think there's someone who knows you and would actually be making an effort to screw around with you on purpose.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply