This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My internet connection is slow please Help!?
04-28-2014, 07:50 PM
My internet connection is slow please Help!?
My internet connection is slow same with my download and upload speed. My download speed is at a ridiculous speed only 30kbps. I am going through Bigpond using wireless broadband. My plan is called Bigpond Liberty 5GB. I am using a 7.2 usb mobile card. My download speed is suppose to be at least 550 kbps to 3 mega bytes per second. What is wrong and what should i do about it. Is ADSL better then wireless should i swap plans someone please help me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:00 PM

buy belkin wirless usb adapter it's the best one i have it alredy 3 years works same all 3 yers

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:06 PM

You need a better, and faster computer. I don t know, which computers are faster than what you describe. You might want to write down, the speed, and the computer types. So that, someone who know about computers, at a store, would be happy to help you get a better, and faster computer. Best of luck to you.
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM

you should check if you are capped first maybe you've used your 5GB and check that your wireless internet connection is secured and leechers aren't using it (i had ppl next door using mine on their mobile) goodluck hope everything speeds up soon
04-28-2014, 08:20 PM

Wireless connections are much slower than wired connections. You probably just need a better wireless card to download faster, but for the full speed your ISP is offering, you'll need to plug it into the router.
04-28-2014, 08:28 PM

Should not be that slow. 7.2 Wireless is plenty fast as long as your in 3g coverage or Next G as Telstra call it. You don't say where you are so check coverage and make sure it's Next G and not Edge.Do you always get such slow speeds at all locations? If you do it's a laptop config issue for sure. Other things that can slow wireless down is Norton Anti Virus and firewall programs such as Trend Micro. As a test turn off your firewall and disable your antivirus then test on known safe sites such as yahoo.com.au, news.com.au etc. See if speeds increase, if they do move to other software.
Good Luck
04-28-2014, 08:38 PM

yes adsl better then wireless
you have to change the connection
with adsl you got higher speed
04-28-2014, 08:43 PM

Do a internet connection test, if its lower than what your paying for contact your internet service provider.
04-28-2014, 08:48 PM

You should scan your computer to find if there are missing, outdated, or corrupted drivers.Outdated hardware drivers can cause a lot of errors and even crash and slow down your computer and the infamous "blue screen of death"and even fail to start Windows. This can be a very serious problem and your computer might even fail to start Windows. Drivers are vital to a computer system. Without the right drivers, it is going to be impossible to make any device run. However, you don’t need just drivers.Outdated drivers may interfere with newer software. If you are fond of installing the latest and fastest programs over the internet and yet you continue to use old drivers, you are putting your whole system at jeopardy. You need new and current drivers to make sure that your system would work as designed.The most serious problems that they encounter as they use their computer may be resolved by a simple driver update. The best way to update all of your drivers is to use driver updating software. I should like to commend Driver Robot http://make-a-computer-run-better.com/drive-update.html to you.