This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is amazon a trusted site?
04-28-2014, 07:59 PM
is amazon a trusted site?
Is amazon a trusted site? i found a textbook being sold for a cheap price on amazon by a user named "JJJJJ" how will i know i won't be scammed?
Conner - precisely, economies of scale. good answer

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:00 PM

Yes, Amazon is one of the safest places to buy anything online. I have bought from them for years and never had any problem.

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:09 PM

Take a look at their feedback. You should see if this user offers prime / super shipping savings because when a user hast that option that means all of their items are in amazon's stock so that way you know for its real.
Double check the description for the item , print screen shot if you have to. Everything should be fine!
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM

I would say yes i have used it at least 50 times and have never had a problem. There are independent sellers that you can by products from on amazon, i would check there rating and how many transactions they have done before buying from them
04-28-2014, 08:19 PM

Yes amazon is a safe site
Much safer than eBay and other online shops but it is the individual seller who you should ask is safe or not amazon is just the site were it all happens they do not have much to do with the individual sellers
As for your question yes I am sure it is safe people sell it so cheap by buying it in bulk and selling it for less than the retail value for instance tesco buy 1 iPad for 90 pounds they sell it for 140 that is fifty pounds profit
Or jjjjj buys 100 iPads for 800 pounds at 80 pounds each and sells them for 100 pounds so he is making 20 pounds profit the result is jjjjj has bought in bulk so can sell them cheaper and is not as greedy as tesco so sells them cheaper but is still making profit
If you are still unsure look on customer reviews the description and make sure you know the returns policy of that item
OR
It could be selling so cheaply because it is a factory second watch out for this in the description.
But I have been using amazon weekly for the past 5 years and have never had any problem
Hope this helpedSmile
04-28-2014, 08:28 PM

Yes, Amazon is one of the trusted and reliable sites to buy anything online. I have been buying products from them for years and never faced any issues yet. To avoid any untoward incident or get rid of scam, it’s better to check the description of item, their ratings and the total number of transactions being done, prior to buying from them.