This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
yahoo wont allow google chrome?
04-28-2014, 08:01 PM
yahoo wont allow google chrome?
changed to at&t high speed and the computer crashed. it was something i did got most of it back, except i can't get google chrome, when i hit the google icon it goes to google but has a yahoo page ad that won't go away. can you help ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM

You've probably got malware on your computer that's hampering google chrome's performance.

Yahoo must have been made your default search engine or is being an annoying extension in your browser.

To fix it, please check your default search engine in chrome, you can find it on this page by typing in "chrome://settings/searchEngines" in your address bar.

Now hover around the search engines under "Default search settings" , If yahoo was your default search engine, you won't see the "Make Default" button, so hover around Google's search engine and make it the default by clicking on "Make default".

You should also make sure Yahoo isn't your home button, check "Show Home Button" below Appearance and change the link below to "google.com" if it isn't google.com already.

Finally, you should check your Chrome extensions for any foreign extensions, type in "chrome://extensions" to view all extensions active in chrome then have any one related to yahoo or some search engine removed by clicking the trash bin at the right of each extension.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply