This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my Google Chrome keeps shutting down?
04-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Why does my Google Chrome keeps shutting down?
ok, I don't know what's happening but my chrome keeps shutting down and restarting itself. The first time it happened is that my chrome closed down then my Norton security detected this virus or something,, so I didn't mind it because my Norton says it resolved the problem but why does it keeps shutting down again and again? I'm getting pissed now,, I'm using internet explorer at the moment.

btw, I didn't do a full scan yet,,,, I cant be bothered., hehehe

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:08 PM

Oki first think Norton sucks... Second try going into settings and checking your extensions you might have some that are causing this. If you have no extensions in there or the ones that you think would cause anything bad (in other words the one you got not randomly appeared) uninstall chrome and get a new one again..

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:13 PM

I think you will have to do a full scan and a malware scan with MBAM (google it), post back after you have done this and we can advise further if you still have a problem
HTH
David
04-28-2014, 08:18 PM

Sometimes your pc is out of date or your antivirus conflicts. See how this guy fixes it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oK_eBY2S2k
04-28-2014, 08:24 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. I'd suggest you run a full system scan and see if it detects any threat. Also, can you check whether you are using the latest version of Google Chrome? If not, try updating to the latest version and see if it helps.

Thanks!

Vineeth
Norton Support