This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I improve my internet speed?
04-28-2014, 08:07 PM
How can I improve my internet speed?
I live in the Fox Valley in Wisconsin, about 30 minutes west of Fond Du Lac, if the area means anything. I'm not sure what my parents (I'm 17) pay for internet, but I know it's over $50 a month. Now I can surf the internet with speed as good as anybody else, but right now I'm downloading something an it's downloading at a rate of 175.60 kb/s which seems slow to me. It could just be the machine, I'm not sure. My PC is 4 years old but in great shape, and I do use an ethernet cable to get my internet. When I download, I'm usually not on the internet, so 175 kb/s is pretty good speed for me on a good day. I there anything I can do different to make the speed fast? Because it seems the price we pay for internet (through CenturyLink) the speed should be better.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:11 PM

Ok i will be honest with you. And i have used a few different internet companies different methods. And honestly if you were to try to edit or make your speed fasted threw you default gateway it will only make your bill go up. So sadly there is no way to make your internet speed go faster unless you tell your company and pay for the upgrade of speed sadly. Sorry that i couldn't be of help Sad

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:19 PM

download torch browser whic is faster than anyone else or either change your data plan from your service provider.