This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to connect to a facebook game's database and export data into excel worksheet?
04-28-2014, 08:08 PM
How to connect to a facebook game's database and export data into excel worksheet?
There's a game I play on facebook and I wanted to use the javascript helper that the game uses to connect to the game's database within the facebook server and then export the data to an excel worksheet just for the sole purpose of seeing the statistics the database has for my account in the game. Any ideas? I know it should only be like a few lines of code to fetch the data from the database and then export the data into excel format.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:15 PM

"I know it should only be like a few lines of code..."

Fat chance, you don't have access to the database - it is possible for developers to set up XML feeds or even database "views" for some applications but most don't bother, what you want will likely require either a lot of parsing of existing markup and/or reverse-engineering the javascript to alter how it handles the data (though you won't be able to change what data you are looking at). Facebook applications usually make money from advertising so it is unlikely a developer will allow any kind of service that would impact their revenue stream - no matter how genuine your reasons.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply