This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is o-like.com a scam?
04-28-2014, 08:14 PM
is o-like.com a scam?
I want to get a good and cheap laser on there but i'm not sure if its a scam or not. Plz reply if u know or have ordered from there before. Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:19 PM

I bought a 300mW 808nm infrared laser from them, and it seems to be OK (although the button has gotten stuck in the on position in my briefcase, but no harm done except drained batteries).

According to the folks at Laser Pointer Forums, o-like is among the very few cheap Chinese places that are not a scam. However, they say Lazerer is better, but only if you pay $5 extra for the power certificate. Without a certificate it could be under-powered by 20% or 30%, with the certificate it's usually over-powered by about 15%.

Many people at Laser Pointer Forums have their own laser power meters (LPMs). They say o-like gets it right about half the time, kind of under-powered (by maybe 40%) the other half of the time. However, you can't beat the price.

Just for comparison, I once bought a 1000mW 447 nm blue on AliExpress for $36 and it turned out to be a 100mW 405nm.

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:25 PM

According to
http://whois.domaintools.com/o-like.com
they are based in Hong Kong.
What kind of laser to do what? If you need a classroom pointer, get a red laser pen from OfficeMax, Office Depot, or Staples.
More expensive green lasers are useful for astronomy (scatter by atmospheric dust creates a visible beam), but they are more hazardous with no advantage for classroom use.