This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is google chrome as good as it is advertised?
04-28-2014, 08:23 PM
is google chrome as good as it is advertised?
I use Google but is Google chrome better than what I have?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:24 PM

Its wonderful. Download it NOW!!

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:29 PM

I'ts pretty good, the ads can sometimes be a little over the top though.
04-28-2014, 08:30 PM

I don't know what you mean by saying "as it is advertised" but I can it's really good. Personally, I prefer it more than any other browser.
04-28-2014, 08:35 PM

I love it. You can't go wrong with it if you are looking for a browser with speed and HTML5-compliance.

Also - I don't know what Carlos means by ads. You will see them in every browser unless you install a plugin to remove them. I think some people are getting "Google" and "Google Chrome" confused. They are two different things. One is a search engine, the other is a browser. And "Chromium" is an OS.
04-28-2014, 08:43 PM

What do you have?

Google Chrome is a web browser like Internet Explorer and Firefox, it really gives only a couple of quite good benefits, the main ones being there are less toolbars (or at least they take up less of the screen) meaning you have that little more room to view websites (like no status bar at the bottom as a benefit).

The real benefit is simply the look and feel which I personally prefer, but try it out the worst that can happen is you don't like it and just get rid.
04-28-2014, 08:50 PM

Google chrome is:

- Fast to load up
- Fast to load web pages
- Light weight (requires a low amount of computer resources)
- Flexible - you can get extensions and themes to customise your experience
- HTML5 compliant (all the newest website features will work)

Compared to IE, chrome fully supports all features of HTML5 and CSS3 meaning most websites will display properly and all features will work.

The only problem is that sometimes for some users gmail and hotmail freeze at the login page. I don't know why it does this, it happens to some people and not to others so you should try it and hopefully it wont happen to you. However it will probably be patched in the near future.

I hope that helps Smile
04-28-2014, 08:57 PM

Sure! It's the best web browser even I used! I recommend you to try and use it. It's super great!

I'm using it to answer your question now. Big Grin