This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the average wpm?
04-28-2014, 08:24 PM
What is the average wpm?
I can type about 53 words per minute, my mom says that's good but I'm still feeling bad about myself because of all of the things on the side of the screen that said so and so reached one hundred and something words per minute!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:31 PM

Most jobs that require decent typing skills ask for 60WPM, your pretty close to that so you could easily practice and get there. It just requires repetition and practice. 53 is still over the average however, lot of my co-workers still do hunt and peck and may type 20-30 WPM at the most.

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:39 PM

Yes, I can type at 100wpm and 53 is good, average is around 40 - just keep building up your speed day by day, you honestly will be able to get it higher, and stop feeling bad.
04-28-2014, 08:48 PM

Most people I know who type for a living are at 70 to 100 wpm or faster. Casual users are 30 to 60 wpm.
~
Practice makes faster. You don't use it you lose it.
04-28-2014, 08:57 PM

The 10k users testing shows that average typing speed for adults in 41 wpm http://www.ratatype.com/learn/average-typing-speed/.

Interesting, for men - 44 is an average wpm
for women - 37 wpm