This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scouted by an ageny, how to convince parents to let me model?
04-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Scouted by an ageny, how to convince parents to let me model?
I got scouted by a modelling agency via instagram a month ago (they are reputable and I know 2 people who model for them who go to my school) when I asked my mum if I could model for them it was a straight up no, she didnt even consider it. I met the scout in real like 3 weeks ago at the shops and she gave me a card telling me to keep in touch. Recently she got bacl in touch with me. I am only
14 but the scout explained I would only be in
development. I am a straight A student and I doubt I will ever make this a career but this is something I would really like to try. I am scared to ask my mum again as she doesn't listen to my prespective and last time we had a big fight about it. What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:34 PM

I doubt you get straight As at school. Your spelling and grammar is quite poor.

In spite of what you believe, you do not know everything. Defer to the person in your life with the experience; that is, your mother.

14 year olds should not be modelling anyway.

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:39 PM

Sorry, but this sounds like a classic "modeling school" scam. The fact that two girls from your school are "working" with them means that two girls from your school have been scammed.

Real agencies simply don't scour Instagram and contact minors without their parents. If you follow through with this, you're going to find out that "in development" means being required to spend hundreds if not thousands on a lessons package and photos. After that you'll get no work, because modeling schools aren't agents and can't get you jobs.

You need to check this out more thoroughly. There is an entire industry based on taking advantage of children who want to model or act.
04-28-2014, 08:46 PM

I have never heard of any agency scouting people through Instagram. Those are almost all scams or perverts. Sure people you know might be with them - and I can guarantee they had to pay money which is how you know it's a scam. Legitimate agencies DO NOT make you pay them for classes, photos, workshops, assessment days or anything else. A legitimate agency ONLY makes money AFTER they book you on a job then takes their 10-20% commission. I'm sure if you ask the girls at school they will tell you they had to pay for something - which is how you know this is not a legitimate agency and they take anyone gullible enough to pay

Scouts would NEVER meet you at the shops and would NEVER meet you without a parent or guardian present - that's actually illegal. A scout CANNOT meet you if you are under 18 without a parent or guardian present, they can't even speak to you. It's illegal for them to do this and any real agency knows that they cannot talk to you without your parent or guardian. And you don't meet them at shops - you always meet at the agency's office. NO legitimate scout would ever have you meet them anywhere but their offices

Your parents are trying to protect you because there is nothing legitimate about this scout