This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confused between Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay Per Click?
04-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Confused between Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay Per Click?
I have two years of experience in SEO and currently I am working as project coordinator of SEO team. Now I have opportunity to move to PPC in another company. So, I have two career options now 1. To stay in the same company and get expertise in Project Management 2. Move to another company and get expertise in PPC. Which career path will be more beneficial for me in monetary terms.

If I choose project management then how should I move forward, need to know about certifications etc.?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:41 PM

PPC is different side of SEO, PPC is needed not certification but SEO person can easily do that with little training, i think it is better to go PPC side job which whill add experience in your profile.

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:48 PM

SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via organic, paid or search results.
PPC means Pay per Click. It gives way advertising on a search engine. These are sponsored listings that you see whenever you make a search. There will be a charge whenever a visitor or web surfer clicks on any of your ads.
Search Engine Optimization(SEO) and PPC (Pay-Per-Click) campaigns help a business by placing its site in top results in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
04-28-2014, 08:51 PM

SEO (search engine optimization) is a booming businees these days. Everyone wants to obtain top rankings in google, yahoo, and msn. The problem most SEO companies face is the fact that they forget the basics...

so i prefer SEO..
04-28-2014, 08:59 PM

You should remain with the same career because it will enhance your skills. If you switched and tried to learn new things it might be the case you went out of both skills or get confused. The other thing that I would like to tell you that SEO is the major concern for each business. Most of the clients only participate in Organic SEO activities. PPC campaigns has nothing technical for which you need to switch your profile. You can easily enhance your skills in PPC by reading some basic concepts. Believe me I am working on both and started with Organic SEO and still want to remain with Organic.
04-28-2014, 09:07 PM

Project management is a highly desirable skill for employers. Then again PPC is a lucrative industry, and in a good company you will get to work with fortune companies as clients.

It depends on where you see yourself in 5 years. PPC will give you more insight to SEO no doubt as you will learn how to perform good Ad Copy, Keyword Research and gain a tonne of insight into industries CPC and competitiveness.

I would personally go for the project management position, it will be the harder job for your but if you ever decided to go out on your own. Project management skills will pay the bills....