This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help selling on Craigslist?
04-28-2014, 08:41 PM
I need help selling on Craigslist?
I know how to put my item on the site, but i had a few questions that i cannot seem to find online. When someone chooses to buy my item, do I just ship it to them? Also, are there any extra costs i have to pay to put an ad onto Craiglist? And one last question, I have a Nintendo DS (excellent condition) and a Playstation 2 (great condition) how much should i sell them for? I rarely ever used either of them, thank you so much for your help!!
Thank you so much for everyones answers! Helped out a lot!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:42 PM

Craigslist is free, and being locally focused, probably no shipping involved (either you can drop off the units, or have them pick it up, that you negotiate with anyone who's interested...)

As for price points, search what's being sold and price it around that, less if you want to get rid of them quick.

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:47 PM

Well first things first you can ship it to them trough the mail but usually people use Craigslist to sell things and buy things close to them so this means you'd have to meet in person. And as for the DS and PS2 I say 50 for the ps2 and 30 for the DS because both of those are really old systems but people are gonna try to nagotiate the price so if you're not willing to nagotiate state it in the ad
04-28-2014, 08:48 PM

This site is like placing a classified ad in the newspaper, buyers and sellers are not monitored by the web site, you have to make your own arrangements with the buyer, the process starts with an email the buyer sends to the anonymous email address in the ad, after your reply they will have your real email address and whatever other contact info yo choose to give.
There are off short scam artists who may reply with strange offers, like paying more than you are asking. it's best to take Craigslist advice and only sell to someone local, with a face to face exchange accepting payment in cash, often people meet in a public place, though having to test the playstation complicates things.
Craigslist only charges for ads in a couple of categories.