This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get ranked in Google and get visitors to my website?
04-28-2014, 08:46 PM
How do I get ranked in Google and get visitors to my website?
Hi, I have created a new website and am having trouble getting it to rank in Google searches. The website also has had few, if any, visits. I have implemented a range of SEO tips, added a SEO plug in, set up meta-tags etc but this does not seem to have helped much at all. I have also advertised on free online business directories and tweeted a few times which has driven a couple of visits only. As this is a low-cost informative website, and I am not a big corporate organisation, I can't afford to pay for SEO services. Does anyone have any advice for improving my non-existent website ranking and attracting visitors?. What am I doing wrong or what haven't I done? The website is http://www.gonbn.com.au

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:55 PM

Search ranking can be a slow building process, you may be doing the right thing but just won't see the results for a couple of months. I see Google has indexed some 80 pages on your site. Backlinks from other sites is really the biggest single factor. Free backlinks can be has on blog comments and forum post signatures as well as social bookmarking sties posts.

One important link source for such a site (at least in the U.S. are press releases, there are both free and paid press release distribution web sites, written in a news reporter tone with perhaps some human interest twist, a link in a press release is a direct backlink source, and if really lucky it gets picked up by the mainstream press.

Some are happy with the SEO results from some of the services offered at Fiverr.com for $5 each, stay away from the bot generated 1000 backlink offers, private blog network submissions or social bookmarking offers (At DIGG, readit, etc) are safer investments.

Some additional site work perhaps some outsourced graphics work from Fiverr might help you create an authority site image, it feels like a typical blog as it stands.

Ads

04-28-2014, 08:58 PM

getting traffic means you need to be ranking for some words. in order to do that you need tons of content OR tons of backlinks pointing to your site. backlinks is what moves you up in rankings. sucks but its true. kinda gotta promote your website. Either gotta do all this buy hand or use services such as (example)

http://rankblasters.weebly.com/

services like that will get you backlinks and there for in the longer run get you ranking for words and getting traffic