This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About Oculus Rift(5 point)?
04-28-2014, 08:50 PM
About Oculus Rift(5 point)?
I just watched somebody played Oculus Rift(Pewdiepie) and i am amazed and immediately want to order the developer kit from the web.But i got some doubt in my mind.
It will be soo appreciated if you guys can help me

1.I'm not sure if my laptop can handle it,even though i watched video about some grandma played it with a laptop,here's my spec

Core i5 3230M 2,6 GHZ
Geforce 610m
4 GB Ram(3,11 GB usable)

2.I planned to wait for the standard version,but i heard Facebook bought the Rift company,i'm scared if
the standard version will be very expensive.What do you guys think??

Best answer will give you 5 points.Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:54 PM

I would wait a while until the standard version, if its too much money then you can always just get the developers kit. And yes, I think you&#x27;re laptop could use it.

Ads

04-28-2014, 09:03 PM

keep in mind that the resources VR needs are more than what conventional rendering requires. honestly I think you need to upgrade, only gaming machines can handle VR decently at this stage.

The facebook deal is likely to lower the cost. What's upsetting people is more the fact that facebook will try to exert control on the platform in some way instead.