This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
shall I keep talking to him?
04-28-2014, 08:52 PM
shall I keep talking to him?
he started talking to me on facebook & it's been about a week now. he's already asked to meet up (in a cafe). at first i thought it would be going good, i enjoy talking to him - he's extremely expressive through his vocabulary, doesn't push for personal details.
thing is, i'm 16 and according to his profile we're supposedly 8 years apart. when i asked him for his age he said he was 19? also, when he added me, his name was different (his new name before he approached me is the name of his "favorite comic character").
then i realize, there could be something else about him.. he only has 1 picture of himself (but he only got facebook this year) i don't know.
he seems nice and we've already had so many deep meaningful conversations.
i don't plan to meet up with him anytime soon (exams), but he's keen to wait.

i've cut off my communications with him at the moment as i need to focus on my studies
shall i still keep in touch with him later, get to know him more? be more cautious? am i being too suspicious?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 08:58 PM

If someone is not up front about their age when talking to a 16 year old, that's a warning sign. I'd not meet up with him in person, not at all. A 24 year old should not be wanting a meetup with someone that much younger than them.

You can TALK on Facebook, that's fine. But I wouldn't take it further than that.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply