This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help deciding which tablet is best for me?
04-28-2014, 09:01 PM
I need help deciding which tablet is best for me?
I've been wanting a tablet for a while now, having seen the growth of the iPad, Samsung's Note and Galaxy ranges and even Asus popping up in my searchs.

Basically to give you a little insight as to what I want it to do, I've broken it down in a list:

- Apps that support Word, Excel documents and can save in a format that Microsoft recognises
- Have the apps available to download video/audio files from external web sources
- Be able to play video files of different formats (MX player on Android does this)
- Have a variety of apps for gaming.
- Has an app similar to the basics of Photoshop (creating images for web use, social media)
- Be able to expand the storage via MicroSD
- Be able to export files via MicroSD, USB, Cable

This tablet is ultimately there for me to use as a 'home computer' as I have a powerful laptop for work anyway, just don't like carrying a £1,500 laptop with me to and from work. I'm not expecting to do any hardcore work as I know they aren't built for doing so, but if I can get most of the points in a tablet, then I'll be happy.

Budget would be around the £500 mark.

I've narrowed it down to the iPad range (mini or air), but has no expandable memory and not really sure how to export files onto an external drive. The Samsung Tab 3 range (8.0 or 10.1) - I'm familiar with Samsung and Android as I have the Samsung S3 smartphone.

If there's anything else you can recommend, just let me know! Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 09:09 PM

There's a new tablet from Lenovo. The name is Thinkpad 8, full Windows 8.1 system whith Microsoft Office, 8.3 inches IPS display with a resolution of 1900X1200, 64 GB SSD drive, USB 3 and HDMI ports make it connectable with external drives and monitors. At Amazon the price is £ 466.

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/thi...b-features

Ads

04-28-2014, 09:17 PM

dunno
04-28-2014, 09:22 PM

- Apps that support Word, Excel documents and can save in a format that Microsoft recognizes
= All devices support these files and have alternative apps to even create documents in that format.

- Have the apps available to download video/audio files from external web sources
= It merely has to be a format that is supported by your device I.e MP4 or AVI in videos and mp3 or m4a in music.

- Be able to play video files of different formats (MX player on Android does this)
= You can find apps on all devices to run all types of formats.

- Have a variety of apps for gaming.
= Android and iOS both offer the best variety of apps, the iOS has a bit better variety though.

- Has an app similar to the basics of Photoshop (creating images for web use, social media)
= You can do basics but they wont be as good as on the laptop. On MS Surface tablet, you can get windows 8 so you can run all those

- Be able to expand the storage via MicroSD
= In tablets like Nexus, Kindle Fire HDX and iPad you wont be able to find a microSd slot, but in tablets like Galaxy, Sony, MS Surface, LG Gpad, you would be able to find SD slot

- Be able to export files via MicroSD, USB, Cable

= Easier in Android. Take a look at this comparison between all popular Android tablets in market:
http://compare-e-readers.com/android-tablet-best

Hope this helped!