This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How I Do Overcome Being "Too Attached" In A Relationship? PLEASE HELP ME - SOMEBODY!!!?
04-28-2014, 09:08 PM
How I Do Overcome Being "Too Attached" In A Relationship? PLEASE HELP ME - SOMEBODY!!!?
Okay, I have a severe problem in that, when in relationships, I become far too attached to my partner and I hate it. Admittedly, I am insecure (especially in relationships) but it's a issue of which I want to overcome.

My Boyfriend of a month (although we've known eachother for 7 months) is currently away on Holiday, in Jamaica, for two weeks (with a very close "FEMALE" friend) whilst I am here, at home... Working. Also, he did book the holiday with her a couple days before we met, ironically.

I don't want to bombard him with texts and so on; I'd rather him enjoy his vacation and give him space. He has been away since Tuesday evening and we haven't spoke since Thursday morning but when we did last talk, looking back at out conversation, I feel like I was coming across as very clingy. My mind is now racing with all sorts of thoughts - especially seeing that he has had the time to create posts on fb, respond to friends' comments and post a picture of him and his friend on the beach together but not message me. Sad :/

I don't want to be jealous but, honestly, a part of me is. He has proven to me that he is a loyal/honest/trustworthy person [and once told me that if he ever had a problem with me he would tell me and "never cheat"] but I still have my doubts. This is ALL my problem, I know, and I don't want to ruin what we have by my constant 'needy' attitude etc. How do I stop being so attached? Advice, please...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 09:12 PM

it sounds like your doing it very well already

the best thing to do is communiate with him at some point and let him know your insecure and he should try able to help you, you seem understanding and it will take time to build up

while he is away just try take your mind off it so you do not worry

Ads

04-28-2014, 09:13 PM

I understand how you're feeling, but I like me you're doing a good job of holding it so he can enjoy his good time!
I don't think he'd cheat on you, personally, but I like to hope for the best. He may be enjoying his time away from home with his friend, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love you all the same!

Now, I haven't yet figured out ways to become less insecure (& by all means hit me up if you do), but as far as clingy goes you're doing good. But if you're gonna be clingy, come off as positive and not doing that too often. It's not bad to feel jealous, it's not like you're constantly badgering him about it.
04-28-2014, 09:23 PM

Why should you be any other way ??? he is out there enjoying all the sunshine etc, and you are not top of his communication list.

Although you may consider yourself clingy, he is doing to reassure you there is nothing going between him and "her"
So ok when he next contacts you, ask in a sarcastic tome "Why hyas it taken you so long ?"