This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
called a meth head on Facebook, slander?
04-28-2014, 09:09 PM
called a meth head on Facebook, slander?
Bad break up between the best friend and I..sadly we are in our 30's.. She decided to call me a meth head on Facebook, and trash beneath her feet. We still have mutual friends, I've tried to just cut ties..and would like to know what I can do legally, if anything.. I can take any test, I've never smoked that death..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 09:16 PM

Depends on how the person looks at you

Ads

04-28-2014, 09:24 PM

Technically yes that's slander if it's not true, but hardly enough to justify the trouble of a lawsuit.

It's not a police matter, if that's what you are wondering.
04-28-2014, 09:31 PM

Has this caused you any actual money damages? Have you lost a job or business because of it? If not, there is no basis to sue her. Just block her on Facebook and don't worry any more about it. People who know you will know whether the accusation is true or not. If you try to sue her, you will just be calling attention to the accusation.
04-28-2014, 09:36 PM

Well you have to have proof that her calling you a meth head actually ruined your reputation. If it ruined your career because your boss found out, then it can definitely be considered slander. However, if it was just a petty insult that didn't affect your professional life you don't have a case.
04-28-2014, 09:46 PM

You can report whatever she posted to Facebook for removal. Unless something very significant happens over it, like the police throw you in jail and/or you lose your job, it's not likely something you sue over.