This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I Dye My Hair This Colour Without Bleaching It?
04-29-2014, 01:26 AM
Can I Dye My Hair This Colour Without Bleaching It?
Okay so I want to dye my hair this colour

http://instagram.com/p/llj4qtyQ5h/

But I don't want to have to bleach my hair cause I heard it destroys it... so would I have to bleach my hair to get it that colour... this is my hair colour.

http://instagram.com/p/lDy6z2yQ79/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 01:35 AM

I don&#x27;t think you would have tp because the purple color is already a dark color but just saying I don&#x27;t know a ton about dying hair so maybe you should call your hair stylists

Ads

04-29-2014, 01:40 AM

No you wouldn't have to bleach it because it is a dark tone :]
04-29-2014, 01:44 AM

Your hair won't turn out exactly that colour as:
1. It's photoshopped.
2. Your hair will have purple 'halo' when you stand in direct sunlight.

Your hair will definitely look somewhat purple, just don't expect it to look exactly like that!
04-29-2014, 01:48 AM

You won&#x27;t need to bleach it. Bleaching is mainly used to make hair blond. It&#x27;s its own dying process. To dye your hair a different color you&#x27;ll need a developer. Developers should only be used by an experienced colorist. They help open the shafts and, depending on the dye, can make your hair lighter or darker. The level of the developer is the most important to the dying process. Your original hair color level and the level of the color you want will tell you which developer to use. I cannot stress this to you enough, the coloring process is very difficult for a new user. GO TO AN EXPERIENCED COLORIST!!!