This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
are there fake celebrity email addresses with someone impersonating the celebrity?
04-29-2014, 01:43 AM
are there fake celebrity email addresses with someone impersonating the celebrity?
Are there fake celebrity email addresses posted on the internet with someone impersonating the celebrity? A real celebrity would never make their email address available to the public would they? It is impossible to get a celebrity's email address isn't it? Don't they keep that private? If you do see a celebrity's email address on the internet it's not really the celebrity right? If there are fake celebrity email addresses on the internet and someone is impersonating the celebrity is that illegal? Has anyone heard of someone emailing someone they thought was a celebrity and got emails back and they found out it wasn't really the celebrity?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 01:55 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are, but most of them like the ones they have on their Myspace or Facebook if it says official site...I think it's real...well, I'm not sure anyway...I once emailed to Michelle Branch and Ryan Carabrea (however you spell it) , but it was said that they would read it, but not email you back...I think they read it, but I'm not sure...Then I emailed Mike from All-American Rejects on Myspace and he wrote back...that was pretty awesome, but I don't know if it was really him or not...I also wrote to Marianas Trench and again, I got a reply...I would feel like a loser if it was an impersonator, but I don't know... I got to tell them how I feel about their music and how their music changed my life or view on things...

Ads

04-29-2014, 02:10 AM

Yes there thousands of people that fake Celebrities cuz they have no life and they think it's funny to trick people that fall for it.
If people weren't so gullible in thinking they are actually talking to this person. It wouldn't be happening so much.

I mean if you watch the TV show Catfish you see people are so gullible in thinking they are really talking to this person.
It's so easy to fake someone, when you can hide your real identity, hide behind a computer/phone/tablet use someone else's photo, learn things about that person.
People don't Realize how many people actually lie on the internet.

It's not really illegal. Nothing they can really do about it.
Unless that Celebrity has given you their email in person you shouldn't believe any email you see on the internet. Celebrities only give out their social media accounts(Twitter, facebook fanpages, not their personal ones, instagram, Youtube, Keek, Vine etc those types)
Emails sometimes management gives an email for fans but they don't respond. It's a giveaway if they respond very quickly it's fake.

You see these little tween/teenagers coming here asking what's so and so's email/address/number/ Skype/Kik etc. And then they actually fall for these answers they get. Like they think that's going to be given out.
Or you will see someone saying i talked to so and so on Skype etc.... and they think they were really talking to them.
Some people just don't understand there are people that lie online. I mean they could be talking to some creepy 40 yr old guy. And getting involved with them and have someone trying to stalk them or kill them. You never really know who your really talking to on the internet.