This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I sell from ebay?
04-29-2014, 09:06 AM
How do I sell from ebay?
I've bought things from both Amazon and eBay.

I've heard that it's pretty simple but the things that I worry about are the packaging, time, penalty and item picturing.

1. I heard in ebay, it costs 0.25 cents more for another picture, is this true?
2. How do I know which box to pick when I ship it to? Sorry, I have never at my life shipped anything from either UPS or USPS
3. Does it cost to create a seller account?

Please explain in layman's terms, how can I ship and sell things, specifically from eBay and then maybe Amazon, are the two different?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 09:10 AM

1. yes

2.I always use the USPS to ship.You can buy the correct box at the post office
3.no

Also:NEVER use anything but PayPal as your user/seller account.Learn all you can about scams on eBay,from their web site.I have bought and sold tons of stuff,and have never been scammed.

Also,be sure to look at the ratings of the people you deal with. I never go below 99.0% You can't be sure of a buyer,of course ,but if you follow the guidelines set up by eBay,you should be okay.

Ads

04-29-2014, 09:26 AM

1. this depends on the listing and type, you are charged for various things when listing an item for sale. everything you add will either be free or have a price next to it.

before you are charged there will be a list of charges at the end before you submit the sale.

2. you can get bubble wrap and box's or mailing bags from most general stores, you can even use a box you have laying around (you'd be surprised just how much a box costs!), when packing you should wrap the item in bubble wrap, and have a box that is just big enough to fit the item in.

you can find a 'courier' online and arrange collection and delivery, usually you have to put in the weight and size of the item, have a return address on the package and the destination address.

some comapnies will offer for an extra charge to pack and box your items for you.

all the buyers details will be emailed to you once payment is sent

3 no it doesn't cost extra, if you are a buisness seller there may be additional fee's and charges.

4. When you list an item on ebay, they will charge you a listing fee. when the item sells they will also charge you an end of sale fee, if you are using Paypal for payment, Paypal will also take a fee.

all these you will have to pay at the start of a new month, when ebay will send you an invoice.

if an item does not sell, you will still be charged the listing fee.
04-29-2014, 09:40 AM

It doesn&#x27;t cost anything to become a seller. eBay will only charge you if your item sells and I believe it&#x27;s somewhere around 8%. You also will be charged by PayPal if the buyer of your item pays through them but it is a very small charge. As far as shipping. If your item weighs in under 13 oz. you will want to ship first class not priority. If you use ebays print postage button you will get a small discount on shipping and free tracking but you will need to know the weight and dimensions of your package. It&#x27;s really not bad. I have sold several things on eBay and haven&#x27;t had a problem. If you aren&#x27;t sure about the weight of your package just take it to the post office so you aren&#x27;t questioning anything. eBay does a great job walkin you through the set up. Hope this helps Smile