This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unidentifiable internet issue. HELP?
04-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Unidentifiable internet issue. HELP?
I consider myself above average in computer knowledge. I have an insane issue. My internet is periodically freezing. One only my computer. When frozen on mine it works on any mobile device or other laptop connected to the same wireless. Ive narrowed it down to being my pc. Ive released the ip. Nothing. Disconnected for a day. Nothing. My wireless card seems to be working. ANY IDEAS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Id reinstall my wireless cards drivers but ya know. The internets frozen. It also never disconnects and always has a full signal

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 10:23 AM

Is it actually your internet connection freezing or is it a video being played or online game? I ask because often I'm asked why someone's video or YouTube keeps freezing or buffering.

if you truly suspect its the actual internet connection then have you tried using a wired connection instead of your wifi adapter? that'll eliminate it being wifi if wired also freezes.

if you meant video or online gaming connections then likely a process is the culprit. boot to safe mode and record processes running in task manager. then boot to normal mode go into task manager and stop one process at a time. may take a few tries but likely you'll find the offending process.

make sure you've deleted old versions of flash and shockwave and Java. try browser(s) without addons.

finally if convinced its internet connection on PC and not video conflict then buy a USB wifi adapter and see what occurs. perhaps windows auto updated adapter drivers and new driver has glitch. hope this helps.

Ads

04-29-2014, 10:27 AM

Heard of Google? Use it.
04-29-2014, 10:35 AM

Browsers take a lot of RAM.May be, the problem is in lack of RAM.When spike of memory use and not enough RAM computer freezes.
04-29-2014, 10:51 AM

Bring up a CMD window and issue the command: ping 4.2.2.2 -t -- you can make the window small, but leave the command running. Now use your computer normally and when you suspect your "Internet's frozen" take a look at your ping window (make sure you're at the bottom of it) and see if you're still getting pings.

The let us know what you see.

For bonus points, run two ping windows at the same time. In the 2nd window ping your router's IP address and add the "-t" parm to keep it going. Then check both windows when a freezing event occurs.

Ultimately, it's up to you to find some sort of pattern amongst the chaos:
- Does the issue crop up after waking the laptop from Sleep mode? Hibernation?
- Does it crop up after the screensaver's been on?
- After running a certain app/program?
- A certain time of day?
- When the microwave is used?
- Something? Anything?