This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get a wireless internet connection?
04-29-2014, 10:17 AM
How do I get a wireless internet connection?
What do I need to do to get a wireless internet connection for my laptop? I have DSL if that helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 10:33 AM

You need a wireless router. Try the Linksys WRT54G.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...Tpk=wrt54g

You plug it into your DSL modem, and do the setup steps, and you got wireless. Simple.

And take the time to set up the security, so people aren't using your internet (especially for illegal things) and aren't snooping your computer(s). I have so many unsecured connections around my house, it's not even funny.

Ads

04-29-2014, 10:40 AM

Purchase a wireless router from Linksys, D-Link, Belkin, or NetGear. These can be found at most electronics stores for under $70.
04-29-2014, 10:54 AM

get a router or one that is wireless and hook it up to your home computer. They have different models for distances. It's pretty easy to do. Smile
04-29-2014, 11:01 AM

my dad knows
04-29-2014, 11:12 AM

Connect a Wireless router to your DSL connection and configure it to talk to your laptop.

Good luck
04-29-2014, 11:18 AM

A wireless access point. Connect your Dsl modem to that and your laptop should find the wireless signal.

I'd recommend at least changing the default password on the router if not setting up more stringent security.
04-29-2014, 11:27 AM

I went to Best Buy and bought a wireless router and hooked it up myself. It's pretty easy, but if you need support there's a number in the box with the router that you can call.
04-29-2014, 11:33 AM

I bet your laptop is not older than 3 years so it should be ready for wireless. So all you need is a wireless router. You'd plug that dsl modem to the router and get a signal to your laptop.
04-29-2014, 11:43 AM

A router there about 40 bucks