This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where Is The Most Value In Writing SEO'd Articles On Your Blog?
04-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Where Is The Most Value In Writing SEO'd Articles On Your Blog?
I'm working on writing articles for my site based upon my consultants advice. What I'm wondering is this; is the pt of writing SEO'd articles to rank the articles high in Google or to add backlinks pointing to your site with keywords? Thanks for excusing my ignorance...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 11:42 AM

If you are writing articles with are optimized with keywords as part of your SEO strategy on your own website, this is providing you content and pages for google to crawl. This does not provide you a back-link as you are not submitting this article to a third party. However, if you are writing articles to websites like ezinearticles or other places and referencing your website in part of that article, then under those circumstances you are creating a back-link to your own website. Opening up an Instagram account and placing your website URL in the description area is another way to get a back-link as well. Note that you want to get High PR backlinks which means, you want popular websites to identify your website as a source, or refer to your website. Good Luck!

Ads

04-29-2014, 11:56 AM

Right now, ranking high on Google is not only about adding keywords on your articles or doing link building just for the sake of optimizing your keywords.

The focus now is more on unique and valuable contents. Low quality articles are being snubbed by Google, as well as keyword based ones.

Make sure that when you write an article, it should be of value. Put yourself on your readers' shoes and ask yourself: Is the article interesting enough that you would want to share them on Facebook or Twitter?

That's the kind of articles that will rank high on Google, and will make your site more visible and searchable online.
04-29-2014, 12:08 PM

Actually it's a bit of both. If you write really good, unique, high quality articles and put them on your site then people will want to link to them - from their blog, from Facebook, via Twitter, via Pinterest, etc.

So articles give Google text to crawl and index and, if your articles are any good, your visitors will create the backlinks
04-29-2014, 12:15 PM

Writing articles on the blog just for the sake of SEO is not a good strategy.
If you are writing articles make sure they are rich in content. Keyword density and stuff like that don't work the same anymore. What Google is looking for a great content.

Its better to write 1 great post a week on the blog which will get lots of Facebook likes, shares and tweets and eventually drive traffic and more awareness to your site,
than to write a post a day(just to get your keywords right) and no one wanting to read it at all.

Do not forget to have a social strategy around your blog. You must encourage people to comment on it or share and tweet it. In the last paragraph you could ask people for their opinions and suggestions.
04-29-2014, 12:31 PM

most importantly, your article contents should be very helpful and engaging and then use links wisely in your articles with targeted keywords.

It's also important to post articles on website regularly which generate back-links and also engage your potential customers to your website.

Thanks!
04-29-2014, 12:38 PM

This is a link to the same question asked on the Seomoz.org Blog. I think it is really helpful in answering your question http://www.seomoz.org/q/how-does-my-blog-help-in-seo