This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xbox Live DDoS Attack/ How can I fix my connection?
04-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Xbox Live DDoS Attack/ How can I fix my connection?
I was playing Call of Duty online with friends and some random douche bag kicked me and some friends offline, now I can get on the internet on my computer or Xbox. I checked the logs and sure enough its a DoS Storm attack. My question is, how do I stop it? And after fixing it how can I prevent it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 07:01 PM

A DDoS attack is basically impossible to stop. The only thing you can really do is get your IP Address changed as thats the direct route to you and your connection which the attack is using.

3 options available here are to leave your router switched off overnight (you ISP will give your IP to another customer if you dont use it for long enough, so when you switch it back on theyll issue you a new IP). Change the MAC Address of your effected computer (more complicated and requires advanced knowledge, google it if you want to try) and finally, contact you ISP directly and explain that you are experiencing a DDoS attack and could they help you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply