This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to be a kid in this world?
04-29-2014, 07:41 PM
How to be a kid in this world?
I was looking at movies and found one from 1993 called, "the Sandlot." And I realized that it is true, I am a girl and don't fool around like those guys, but technology is ruining our world. Even the snotty girls in the movie are around guys who have fun and they do too, they can joke around and enjoy themselves. And anyone who is going to say, "Ugh, this question again." Just please back off, this is a real issue, and I don't feel like my childhood is lived up to its full potential. So I'm just wondering after being stuck in this house all winter waiting to go outside, what can girls do to have fun in warm weather that doesn't require the typical teenager activities like shopping, texting, instagram, whatever they do. I'm trying not to turn into that. How can I find kids my age (I'm 14) and under who might want to start a club where we can actually enjoy being kids? It just seems impossible and sad because of how connected people are, but please think about this one. Thank you very much I really appreciate your help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 07:52 PM

I agree it is sad. I'm 21 and I don't find enjoyment out technology as you'd think, heck I don't even have a facebook.

To be a kid sounds rather oxymoron just because what you're supposed to be doing is enjoy your teenage years as you grow into adulthood. The typical stuff maybe just isn't you, and that's fine. You don't have to be like everyone, you're not a robot. If you want to start a club on something you really like you should give it a try, maybe you'll find other like minded teens.

The point of being a teen is enjoying your young years years that will be nothing but memories later on. Do what you want and be as happy as you can.

Ads

04-29-2014, 08:01 PM

It ain&#x27;t the 90&#x27;s anymore, you live in the current advanced technology era.
Don&#x27;t try so hard to look for friends who have the same opinion as yours.
Its popular to have an Instagram, have a phone and shop at the mall. It&#x27;s a trend.
You see how kids and teens dressed in the 80&#x27;s. it&#x27;s a trend from television, the radio, and mostly because of celebrities.
Your generation has it spoiled. It&#x27;s true.
You might not live your childhood to the fullest potential in 90&#x27;s but you can live it in 2014 by doing this

joining a school sport or join a sport outside of school, joining some clubs, or make your own club at school.
Be outgoing, invite friends over, sleep overs, learn karate, you&#x27;re gonna have to shop or chill at the mall, get a phone, be yourself, exercise, wear what ever makes you feel comfortable put confident,
Be confident.
You&#x27;ll make pals that way. Maybe you&#x27;ll find pals that have the same opinion as yours. itll be different in high school, but you&#x27;ll be fine
04-29-2014, 08:17 PM

You can watch that for free utilizing: http://is.gd/bestflix