This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weird internet speeds.?
04-30-2014, 01:05 AM
Weird internet speeds.?
Our internet plan is 8mbps which meant we could download 1MB/s.

Osu!
So it all started when I was downloading and playing Osu!, a rhythm game. Songs from their site usually took seconds to download, usually 2-8MB per song.
3 Songs were sent to the Failed folder since they obviously failed in downloading. Several tries later and they still flunked. I shrugged it off as "corrupt" files that I could do nothing about.

Youtube
Works perfectly.

Torrent
Works perfectly.

Surfing
Facebook and 9gag works fine.

Direct Download
Pretty much almost related to Osu! since it's DDL as well. Most files get "Failed - Network error" and are pretty much unusable. Right now vpngate client failed downloading.

Domdomsoft Mangadownloader
Same as above, 1MB/s usually got 5 pages per second, now it takes 1 minute to download 5 pages, which is way worse then before.

Manga Crawler/ Manga Blaze
My most comfortable way of reading manga is on my smartphone, for in bed before sleep or on idle time at school. Same as above, pages take too long to download, and both readers eventually just give up.

LoL PH
Gaming is smooth other than when PLDC fcks up and lags everyone, their fb page is full of cussing at the moment and you know why.

I know direct downloading should be slower, but this is just insanely slow. Specially when all sorts of direct downloading, even on my phone halts to a stand still.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 01:11 AM

Maybe the files your trying to download are already corrupted from its source or packets are dropped or gets lost.

OR

Its PLDT itself, undersea cable from Taiwan are broken and being fixed that why we sometimes experience error in network connectivity because of the network traffic in our country.

Ads

04-30-2014, 01:13 AM

better to check your network connection performance first, otherwise the rest of the work will all go in vain. To do a network test just go to:
http://www.netscan.co and click the button to start the tests.
The Connectivity Checker will perform a series of network tests for modern Web Services like WebSockets and WebRTC as well.