This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
are there a lot of troll bidders on eBay?
04-30-2014, 02:43 AM
are there a lot of troll bidders on eBay?
this past week i had a guy bid on an item, then email me to say he did not want it. then right before the auction ended he bid again, won the item then emailed again saying he did not want it

obviously a shill troll

is this a big problem on eBay?
i did report him

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 02:57 AM

I would report him to eBay. Their rules state that a buyer undertakes to buy the item if they place a bid and win. You could also report him as a non-paying buyer. These morons are a pain to decent eBayers.

Ads

04-30-2014, 03:01 AM

Ever heard the saying "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me?" The shame is on you for not blocking the guy after his first bid. You let him play games with you and cost you money.

I have never had a problem like this in my entire 14-year selling career on eBay, and that's probably due to my target market: middle-aged women. They have no time or interest in playing stupid games like this, in getting into pissing contests, or in ripping people off. Unlike bored kids these days. So if you're selling products that target kids, you can expect to deal with this sort of stupidity.

Regardless, I would ignore the buyer's message and simply open an unpaid item case in two days.