This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question for SEO experts?
04-30-2014, 03:37 AM
Question for SEO experts?
What is social bookmarking and how is it beneficial for SEO? I'm talking about sites like digg and del.icio.us...
I really need some good tips on SEO. Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks
@ Anonymous: Thanks, but this didn't help at all. It's all copy pasted. I can google it myself. I want some words of wisdom from the pros themselves
@ Christsy: Thanks
@SEO Focus: Cool, thanks!
@SeoFocused: Thats a back link you left... right?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 03:52 AM

Social netowrking is fast becomming a strong online strategy for search engline optimisation, and when applied in conjunction with other effective seo techniques, can significantly increase page rank.

Social networks are online communities based on mutual interest. These include sites like digg, propeller, del.icio.us and twitter.

The use of social networking sites such as these are benificial for a website's SEO for two reasons. The first and most obvious is that they provide a sourse of targeted traffic to a website. The second is that many social networking sites are listed as 'Dofollow' - ie, search engines (namely google) counts a link to a website as a backlink. Backlinking is one of the best SEO methods, and can dramatically increase page rank.

As mentioned before, there are many other methods for SEO, including article and email marketing, 'leeching' off blogs and videos, and on-page SEO. A good balance of these techniques can result in a good google page rank, and hopefully a first page result for the particular keyword you target.

Hope this helps. For more info on search engine optimisation, don't hesitate to contact me.

Ads

04-30-2014, 04:04 AM

Digg and del.icio.us can be beneficial as they build up your back link profile, something the search engines use to help determine the value and authority of your site. They can also send a lot of traffic to the site if what you submit is of value to the community, but this is difficult to do and most of this traffic won't convert.

If you're really interested in SEO, what you should do is focus on developing a strong, HTML, content rich website, optimized for keyword phrases that users are searching for, and working on usability to drive these visitors to convert. There are lots of places that will give you advice on how to begin doing it yourself, or you can hire an agency.

Best of luck, hope this helped!
04-30-2014, 04:06 AM

in simple term, social bookmarking is bookmarking your site on social sites like digg, stumbleupon, delicious, propeller, mixx, etc.

you basically sign up for a free account on those social sites and bookmark your own site or inner pages.

how it helps SEO: these social bookmarking sites are public so every time you bookmark your site/page on these sites, not only visitors visiting those sites find your bookmark, Google and other search engines also follow those links to visit your site meaning backlinks for you.

for more info on how social bookmarking helps seo, visit the link below where we published a detailed blogpost on this specific topic