This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to change your name and photo in yahoo answers?
04-30-2014, 05:03 AM
how to change your name and photo in yahoo answers?
I want to change my name and photo cause I was a miz fan few years ago and now hate him so I wanna change my name n photo

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 05:07 AM

Change your display name. Go to Answers home.
http://answers.yahoo.com/
Click the wrench to the right of your avatar click change display name follow the prompts.
Change photo. You can't do it on wireless, save the photo you want to your computer. Go below follow the prompts.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=con...=PROD_ANSW

Ads

04-30-2014, 05:08 AM

first, you can't change your avatar or upload a pic to use as an avatar if your profile is set to private

click on the View Profile link in your Answers Home page then in there, click on the wrench icon

click on Privacy Settings - if it's set to Private, make it public

you click on 'Your profile is currently hidden' to do this

then go back to Answers Home and click on the wrench icon in the rectangular box that shows your avatar, username, join date, etc.

this takes you to the page that says Edit My Preferences
click on Change Photo and you will be prompted with the option of uploading a pic from your computer but you need to have a jpeg or png image on your computer to do this, or an image from Facebook

when you pic to upload image a window pops up to allow you to access files on your computer - usually you will have pictures in Images or Photos file folder (if you don't have any photos, screenshots or images on your PC, you need to download a pic off the Internet and it can't be more than 5 KB in size)

then you can go back and reset your profile to Private (don't do this yet if you also still have to change your name)

if it was already Public, not Private, then it means it's some glitch and you'll have to try again later - sometimes when you attempt to make these changes, you get an error message saying the profile feature is not working
====================

as for changing your username, again click on the white wrench in the upper right corner of the box in your Answers Home page - the same one for changing your avatar

click on Change display name which takes you to your Profile Page and you just highlight whatever name is under your avatar in the middle of the screen and type in a new one - then close the tab

when you close the tab, you will be back to the Edit My Preferences page - scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit Save

that closes that window and you will be looking at your
Answers Home page and you should see that your name is changed - if now, do it over

***keep in mind you will need to have your settings Public as you did with changing your avatar so if you are going to do these together don't reset it to Private until you have also changed your name